James A. Sigler
James A. (Jim) Sigler has spent his entire career fighting for others. He served in the United States Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps and in active duty in Operation Desert Storm as Staff Judge Advocate for the Commanding Officer ASU in Bahrain.
Jim’s extensive experience and diligence in his three decades of practicing law has made him an asset to any client. His practice spans a broad range of areas, including medical and hospital malpractice, civil rights claims and multi-party toxic tort litigation. Jim has defended nearly 1,000 clients in virtually every area of civil injury litigation, spanning 42 counties in Western Kentucky.
Jim is a prompt and efficient litigator and he uses his experience to successfully resolve claims asserted against his clients. His professionalism and proficiency have earned him the prestigious AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Medical/Hospital Malpractice
- Product & Manufacturing Defects
- Civil Rights/1983 Claims
- Premises Defects
- Fire Losses
- Multi-Party Toxic Tort Litigation
- Auto Claims (including UM/UIM/bad faith/policy interpretation)
Jim was born in Henderson, KY.
He is married to Susan Sigler ad they have three children, Jared, Brock, and Riley.
- University of Kentucky, B.A., 1984
- University of Louisville School of Law, J.D., 1988
Admitted to Practice
- Kentucky, 1988
- S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Foundation
- McCracken County Bar Association
- Kentucky Defense Counsel
- DRI, The Voice of the Defense Bar
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- AV Judicial Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- McCracken County Bar Association, President (2014-2015)
- 2016 Leadership Kentucky Class
- Leadership Paducah Class 8
- Kentucky Bar Foundation, Director and Vice President (2002-present)
- Kentucky Bar Association (Board of Directors of the Civil Litigation Committee)
- Selected to 2017 & 2018 Kentucky Super Lawyers® in the field of civil litigation/defense
Keuler, Kelly, Hutchins,
Blankenship & Sigler, LLP
100 South 4th Street, Suite 400
Paducah, KY 42001
p. (270) 448-8888
f. (270) 448-0998